Renovation and redesign of the foyer and exhibition area in the Wien museum built in 1959. The Haerdtl’sche foyer has been freed from a vast mix of uses, and the elimination of a pilaster created a connection to the staircase. A spacious piece of furniture with checkout area and museum shop create the central element of the now clear organized space. The reconfiguration of the hall and depositary create a special showroom that can can easily be adapted for altering exhibitions.

 

Date

April 2006

Client

Museen der Stadt Wien

BWM team

Paul Petritsch, Willi Fürst, Roland Graf, Liz Zimmermann

Participants

Statics: Gmeiner-Haferl Zivilingenieure ZT GmbH

Service engineering: Freudensprung Engineering

Acoustic: Müller-BBM GmbH

Photographer: Hertha Hurnaus, Alexander Koller